Consider the following when making offers:
- The end of the month is the best time to make offers to collection agencies, as they’re more likely to agree to lower settlements or installment payments.
- Many collectors are willing to get on payment agreements even if the installments are very low.
- If you’re interested in a settlement, keep in mind that most collectors won't be able to go lower than 50%. You can always start lower and negotiate from there.
- Counteroffers and rejections are part of the process, don’t let these bring you down. Make a slightly higher offer and try again, Engage makes this easy.
- Read what worked for others who owed to the same collector. You can review the agreements your collector has accepted in the past in Engage.
Make sure to log your payment agreements in Engage; these will help other consumers make smarter decisions. Don’t stop there, share your success with members of our community.