This may vary on a case by case basis. The time to respond may depend on the communication channel that the collector uses or the type of request you made to them, as well as several other factors.
- Responses from collectors that use email may arrive within 48 hours, whereas responses from collectors who rely on letters may take 14 days to arrive.
- Offers to pay in full may be answered within a day, whereas disputes may take 90 days to process.
We encourage you to log into your Engage account every few days to:
- Check the status of your request.
- Report a new activity or the lack thereof.
- Escalate the matter if a few weeks have passed and you still haven’t heard back from your collector.